Whether you’re joining a pick-up game or playing with the pros, sunglasses are a must-have on the volleyball court. Between the sun, sand, and — if you’re lucky — reflection from nearby water in the mix, it’s never been more important to protect your eyes.
Key Components of Volleyball Sunglasses:
- When you dive for the ball you don’t want to be worried about your shades flying off, so look for sunglasses with a snug, wraparound fit.
- Like all SW styles, sunglasses for volleyball should offer UV400 protection to protect your eyes from the bright rays of the sun.
Lenses to Look For:
- Keep vision sharp on partly sunny days
- Heighten contrast and increase depth perception
- Provide clear vision on bright beach days
- Reduce glare and overall brightness while preserving colors
- Reduce eye strain on super sunny days
- Reduce glare off water and sand
- Provide clear definition so you can read the ball better
- Give you a wider scope of vision
- Increase contrast on cloudy days
- Increase visibility and depth perception
For more info on the benefits of different lenses, visit our Guide to Sunglass Tints.