Sunglasses for Snow Sports
Take to the slopes and breathe in that fresh, cool air without worrying about your eyes. With protection from UV rays and harsh glare from the snow, the right eyewear can allow you to focus on tearing it up and making the most of every ride.
Featured style: SW Folding Goggle Style #66
Key Qualities of Eyewear for Snow Sports:
- UV protection is crucial for a day on the slope. UV rays that bounce off the snow are magnified and reflected towards your eyes from all directions.
- Because you’ll be zooming through trees, kicking up ice and maybe even rocks, your sunglasses should have plastic or polycarbonate lenses.
Shop all snow goggles and glasses >
Lenses to Look For:
- Reduce glare off the snow
- Create more definition so you can see differences in the surface of the snow
Shop Polarized Lenses >
Note: There is some contention on the polarization issue. Some opticians advise against wearing polarized lenses because you may be unable to see the icy patches in the snow that you would want to avoid. Consider the safety aspects when making your decision.
- Help block an additional 10-60 percent of visible light
- Reduce brightness on sunny days
Shop Mirrored Lenses >
For more on the benefits of different lenses, visit our Guide to Sunglass Tints.